After completing this how-to you will have learnt how to use the Dassian Snapshot application.
With this application, it is possible to snapshot data selectively (specific elements of a project) or on masse, by specific planning versions and within specific date ranges.
Begin by accessing the Data Management Dashboard
- Click the tile labeled "Snapshot EVMS Metrics"
Choose the project data for the snapshot, you can choose data in the following ways;
- A specific project
- Individual elements of the projects or a range of elements
- Use the advance selection feature to select ranges, include or exclude specific elements
Continue to Choose Date Options
- Choose the time period
- Set the number of future periods to be snapshot
- Choose the fiscal period to be snapshot, this will set the snapshot date
- Choose the date through to which actual costs will be collected.
Then choose which elements of the snapshot should be updated
- Actuals and/or commitments
- Which plan types and version to include
- If the hierarchies and their status are to be snapshot
- Once all selections are made, Click Go!
The results of the snapshot will be displayed.