After completing this how-to you will have learnt how to use the Dassian Copy Plans application.
With this application, it is possible to copy data selectively (specific elements of a project) or on masse. It also provides the ability to delete Baseline, EAC, and Revenue planning versions by selectively and within specific date ranges.
Begin by accessing the Data Management Dashboard
- Click the tile labeled "Copy Between Plans"
Choose the project data for the copy, you can choose data in the following ways;
- A specific project
- Individual elements of the projects or a range of elements
- Use the advance selection feature to select ranges, include or exclude specific elements
Continue to Choose Versions
- Choose the type of plan to be copied, (Baseline, EAC, etc)
- Choose the source and target version, shift the plan forwards/backwards by a number of days
- Choose to delete the target version
Then choose which specific data to include
- Normal plans and Adjustments
- Actuals and/or commitments
- Management reserve and Undistributed Budget
- A specific date range (cannot be used in conjunction with a date shift in previous step)
- Re-Value the labour and overheads (useful when copying from and to the same plan in order to re-rate the data)
- Once all selections are made, Click Go!
The results of the copy will be displayed.