After completing this how-to you will have learnt how to create a Portfolio for a project in the Dassian Simple Projects Application. This example will show how to setup a portfolio for the purposes of approving a budget plan or a forecast plan.
It is important to note that while not all Portfolios may be specific to the approval processes (some may be used for purposes of reporting downstream) a Portfolio is necessary for the purposes of the approval processes.
Begin by clicking the Portfolio tile in the Organisation Dashboard as shown below;
- Click the New Entries button
- Enter a name for the Portfolio
- Enter a description for the Portfolio
- Click the Approval checkbox
- Select the newly created Portfolio
- Click the Portfolio Assignments folder
- Click new Entries
- Enter the Project Definition
Repeat steps 1 and 2 for any additional projects
- Click Save