The Baseline Workbenches can be launched from within the Planning Budgeting Dashboard, Click on the appropriate tile to launch the workbench within a new browser window.
The EAC Workbenches can be launched from within the Cost Forecasting Dashboard, Click on the appropriate tile to launch the workbench within a new browser window.
Initial Launch of the Workbench Application
Upon first launch of the application, the popup window below will be shown, prompting the user to choose a planning group and, depending on the number of versions defined in the configuration to also select specific planning versions.
By default, Dassian Simple Projects will be configured with a working version and an approved version so it is only necessary to choose this default option.
This will be saved in the browser cache. If for any reason the browser cache is emptied, this popup window will be shown again upon launching the application. It is also possible to access this popup at any time by selecting the ‘Version Control’ option in the application menu.
Common Application Features
The landing page for each application looks the same and is shown below; it consists of a title and footer bar, application menu, left and right working panes.
The User Hierarchy is shown on the left hand side of the screen.
Here each project the user has been assigned will be displayed, expanding further will show a list of elements for the project. Depending on the application configuration, the complete hierarchy will be shown down to the individual work packages, or simply the work packages themselves.
The Working Area is shown on the right hand side of the screen.
Here the detail will be shown for the currently selected hierarchy node, there are 4 types of views which can be displayed, The Status Management view, the Project View, the Report View and the Detail view. The specific view will be automatically selected based on the hierarchy node selected.
The Application Menu provides features to make working with the application more efficient, it is worthwhile exploring these features before using the application.
- Version control will display the currently selected planning group and versions and allow for different versions to be selected, this window is described in detail in detail in the previous section.
- Global settings provides options for setting;
- Default Cost Type, the options internal and external are possible, where internal uses the rates used internally by your company for costing purposes and external uses rates typically representative of customer rates.
- Scroll to gate date, allows for an immediate jump to the current period in time when displaying planning data. This is useful to avoid scrolling when there is much data in the past.
- Open in Status management (this is the default view for the approver workbenches)
- Suppress Rate warnings, will suppress a warning message which may appear in the ‘Create Resource’ window when certain rate decks are missing / not used.
- Show costing sheet, will show an additional field the ‘Create Resource’ window allowing the user to choose from the existing costing sheets setup in the backend SAP system.
- Show Year Totals, will add a column to the time phased displays which is a sum of planning data for the year.
- Show Totals Top/Bottom, toggles the totals from the top of the planning grid to the bottom.
- Show Fiscal Calendar will display the planning data in the companies fiscal calendar rather than the default planning calendar running January to December.
- Resource Settings provides a way to set default values for the following fields in the ‘Create Resource’ window;
- Skill code
- Planning Cost Element
- Revenue Cost Element
- Clear cache settings will flush the existing cached data such as, current rate decks, default work centres and cost elements and reload the data from the server.
Supported localisations can be toggled by clicking the settings button at the bottom left of the application window.