After completing this how-to you will have learnt how to use the Dassian Snapshot copy application.
With this application, it is possible to copy snapshot data selectively (specific elements of a project) or on masse, by specific planning versions and within specific date ranges.
Begin by accessing the Data Management Dashboard
- Click the tile labeled "Copy Snapshot"
Choose the project data for the snapshot copy, you can choose data in the following ways;
- A specific project
- Individual elements of the projects or a range of elements
- Use the advance selection feature to select ranges, include or exclude specific elements
Continue to Choose Plan Types
- Choose the source plan type (either Plan, EAC or Revenue)
- Press enter, the Target Version field will appear, enter the target version
Then choose date options for the snapshot copy
- Time Period
- Snapshot dates
- Check if the Test Run indicator should be set
- Once all selections are made, Click Go!
The results of the snapshot copy will be displayed.